Saturday, March 10, 2012

Ups and downs

I suppose I may have left my readership hanging wrt my reaction coming down of the Prednisone.

To a first order it was fine.  I didn't experience any significant either physical or emotional changes.  There's enough minor ups and downs that it's hard to pinpoint it in too much more detail.

And I've also now managed to have a day without morphine.  Which I think may have given me a few issues in the afternoon, but I made it through them.

And I've had a few bouts of being more tired than usual and needing some more rest, and maybe it has to do with the medicines, but who knows.  Maybe it just has to do with having cancer.

So I was all set to blog a bit last night about how relatively lovely the past few days have been, and how nice it's been to just relax and spend some time with friends and with Dylan enjoying the unusually warm and sunny weather.

But then last night I felt like crap, and I can't say that it's hugely improved right now.  Basically I've got some digestive issues I need to sort out.

We did just get a scale, so now I can track my weight with however much obsessive compulsive detail I desire.  And it's good to see that the water weight is gone.  But it's also a bit shocking (assuming the scale is accurate -- I'm going to try to get a feel for that by comparing it with the balance at my next oncologist appointment) to see that I'm back down to about my low point.  And this is even after having a few unexplainable bouts of the munchies over the previous few days, involvin ice cream and cupcakes, that I had hoped might have put a little fat back on me.

So hopefully I'll feel well enough soon enough to start eating normally again.  Because I really could use a few more pounds, and right now the thought of eating much at all isn't too appetizing.

No comments: