Friday, March 02, 2012

Thank you and how you can help

First of all, I'd like to thank all of you for the outpouring of support.  We've been overwhelmed by so much love and well wishes from everyone.  We haven't been able to return every email, but we've read them all and they mean a lot to us. Several of you have tried to IM, SMS, or Facebook message me, and I apologize that I haven't been able to respond in real time (or sometimes at all).  

Many of you have asked how you can help us out. I've got babysitting for Dylan lined up through Tuesday, and hopefully Rich will be discharged around then and we won't need intensive help with him every day any more.  However, taking him off our hands for an hour or two so I can catch up on chores or spend some quiet time with Rich will continue to be much appreciated, so those of you who've offered - I will take you up on it.

For some reason I thought that I wouldn't need help with food.  We really didn't after Dylan was born since Rich was off from work and our parents were here.  I've been running around like a hummingbird on methamphetamine for the past two days, and last night I hit a wall, and took Alicia up on her offer to set up a Mealtrain account for us.  Here's the link: http://www.mealtrain.com/?id=m6lyj3rhwqut. Rich can't eat spicy or acidic foods, but that's our only restriction. Thanks in advance - if I'm not visiting Rich, looking after Dylan or driving between the two, I probably want to be sleeping, so this sort of help would be wonderful.

No comments: