Thursday, January 03, 2013

Back in the hospital again

I had plans for various blog postings, but like so many things in my life, they're currently on hold.

I'm sadly typing this from a hospital bed, once again.  I'm feeling a little better today, but yesterday was pretty miserable.  Temperature spiked at 102.2F, and my throat was so sore that I was having trouble eating and drinking, leading to malnourishment and dehydration.

The current thoughts about what's up are both a fungal infection in the mouth and throat (looking at my tongue right now is nasty -- I'll spare you a picture), and acute sinusitis.

I'm also about to get a bone marrow biopsy again (last one I had was right before treatment), which may be able to tell us more than simple blood work.  I can't say that I'm particularly looking forward to it.  The initial few days of hospitalization (when I was blogging like crazy) went by in a bit of a blur, and I don't remember all of the details (maybe I should read my blog!), but I do recall the bone marrow biopsy being particularly unpleasant.  Oh well, at least I'll get some morphine out of it.  Perhaps that will lead to more entertaining blogging again.

2 comments:

Vive said...

Oh man, this sucks! Hope you get great morphine and whatever other drugs you need to be on the mend A-sap!!! xo

Neal said...

Sorry to hear that you're back in the hospital. Hope you're outa there soon... Hope you do get some morphine blogging out of it.