Saturday, July 01, 2006

Heading home soon

So we've left the beach and returned to Thailand. As I was about to show you in pictures, but things don't seem to work quite right uploading pictures with IE7, and no Firefox here, so I give up. We'll have plenty more pictures later.

We did manage to get on the train that we wanted to get on. Indeed the computers magically started working again right on time as predicted.

We've been spending the past few days enjoying the familiarity of Bangkok. Between two trips and this being the transit center for various itineraries, this is actually now our fifth visit here. We've been eating, getting massages, doing some shopping, doing some more eating, etc. It's our last night here, so I won't spend too much time catching up on all of the events since my last long posts, but I'll fill in the missing gaps after we return. And get over the jet lag.

Thankfully our ear infections are improving somewhat, so hopefully the flight home won't be too bad. Or at least nothing that enough drugs can't overcome.

Oh yeah, one more little detail I was going to include in my previous post that I forgot to mention. Of all of the various (four) health care people that were in our path on our long visit to the hospital in Malaysia, they were all women. Not that there's anything wrong with that, it just came as a bit of a surprise to me that that was the case in a predominantly Muslim country. (And they were all definitely Muslim, given the head scarves).

Anyway, it's getting late, and we ought to be moving along. Lorien and I have enjoyed posting during our honeymoon and we're glad to see that people are actually paying attention.

No comments: