Saturday, July 28, 2012

Better than expected

While it's not all peaches and cream (well, I suppose there have been some peaches, although they've been sub-par since we've missed a few farmers' markets; and it's been a little while since I made some ice cream -- maybe later in the cycle), I do have to say that my gloom and doom prediction for cycle 8 may have been a bit too severe.  I hope I'm not jinxing it by saying so, but things haven't been as bad as I expected.  At least not yet.  Well, the first night did kind of suck.  I was utterly exhausted upon leaving chemo (I'm glad I had Lorien pick me up and didn't have to either bike or drive), and went right to bed.  Also, I had my first bit of actual nausea.  Luckily there's a remedy for that.

But the subsequent days so far have been okay.  Not great, and I'm pretty weary, and kind of spacey and foggy, and a bit prone to rambling (even moreso than usual).  But really not nearly as bad as it could be.  Hopefully things won't take a nosedive once I'm off the Prednisone.

I've even been on my bike a couple of times.  And today we rode all the way down to the marina with Dylan (Lorien being the hauler -- that's still beyond me) for the Berkeley Kite Festival.  Dylan got to fly his kite (I left my stunt kite at home).  And see boats.  Both of which he likes.  The ride back uphill was a bit slow going for me and not the easiest thing, but I did okay.  And feel significantly better now (and well enough that I'm blogging) after some yummy Thai food.

Anyway, that's about it.  I guess not nearly as long of a ramble as some of my other posts.  But I am kind of tired.  I think one of the reasons that I'm doing okay is that I'm getting an okay amount of sleep.  Not phenomenal, and sadly not in as continuous chunks as I would like, but as good as can be expected.  I once again feel that taking a little break from sleep meds between cycles really helps.

And I'm still hoping that this is the final cycle of chemo.


1 comment:

Lorien said...

Bloggerific!