Sunday, May 19, 2013

Still doing okay

I think maybe I keep not posting b/c I don't have the energy for a long post by the time night rolls around, but I'm not sure when that's going to change, so I probably should give some kind of update, in case anyone is worrying.

I'm still working full time, and that's going fine.  Mostly in the office.  I typically stay home one day a week -- usually Thursday, which lets me take Dylan to Music Together late in the afternoon.

When I do go to the office, I'm generally biking.  My return to biking to work has meshed nicely with Bike To Work Month.  (Not that I'm going to stop just because May is over.)

Healthwise, I'm continuing to be mostly normal, but not 100% so.  I still have some minor GI issues.  My ENT issues are considerably improved, but also not completely normal.  Although it's been so long since I've really felt completely normal, that maybe I'm having a hard time remembering exactly what normal is supposed to be.

I'm feeling well enough that we've decided it's time to finally take a vacation.  It's been about 4 years since we've really had one.  (France and Belgium, before Dylan was born.)  The plan is to fly to Toronto, drop Dylan off with Lorien's parents, then head somewhere else.  For 2 weeks.  Most likely Costa Rica.  (So for any of you that have been to Costa Rica, feel free to offer any advice that you care to share.)  It would probably have been a little better to make this decision a few months back when airfares were cheaper, but we weren't really prepared to commit to anything then.  We have tickets to Toronto now, but not yet tickets for the next hop.

My next scan is Tuesday.  I have them every 6 months for a while -- which for me is basically lining up with Thanksgiving and Memorial Day, which at least makes it easy to remember.  I ought to have the results on Thursday.  Wish me luck.

1 comment:

Judy and George said...

Wishing you good results and good health.