Friday, May 04, 2012

Foggy, rather groggy

Apologies if I've already used that as a title.  I'm not sure, and too lazy right now to double check.

Just a quick update, to let everyone know I'm doing okay.

Chemo day for round 4 went okay.  The wait was shorter than last time, and it was also scheduled earlier (which is now my regular time), so I was easily home in time for dinner.  And I didn't actually mind the wait at all.  I read for a bit (still digging the Kindle), then went downstairs to play on the newly discovered piano.  I brought plenty of food with me this time (it helped that there wasn't an unplanned meal inserted into the chemo time), including enough freshly baked banana bread and gingersnaps that I was able to share some with the nurses there.  And the weather was nice, so I biked this time.  My second "roommate" (most of the treatment room is divided into little room like sections that can accommodate two people at a time) -- the one who was still there when I was departing -- was pretty damn impressed that I had biked to chemo.  Not that I'm doing this to try to impress other people, but it kind of felt nice anyway; maybe deep inside I do like to show off a bit.

The hoarseness of my voice continues.  It was recommended that I go see an ENT to check it out further.  Next week.

Week 1 is going okay.  I'm kind of groggy and don't have a lot of energy.  Which is kind of how the last round went.  I'd rather not be this way, but it's not that big of a deal.  After all, this is part of why I'm taking time off.  So that if I want to have days where I just sit around and do nothing, I can.  I'm not really feeling the pseudo-manic feelings from the Prednisone any more.  So I decided last night to see if that, and given my grogginess, if maybe I could do without sleep meds.  Nope.  Grogginess isn't really the same as sleepiness, apparently.  I was tired this afternoon and lay down a while to try to take a nap.  It was somewhat refreshing to just be in bed for a while lying down, but ultimately there was no way that I was going to get to sleep.  So it's possible that part of my grogginess is just after affects from the Ambien.  I'm not too worried, though.  I was able to successfully wean myself off of any sleep meds by the end of the cycle last time.  So if I'm just dependent on them for the beginning of the cycle, I'm okay with that.

So not a lot going on right now that's too exciting.  We've got some tentative plans for the weekend, but I guess my general feeling is that I shouldn't definitively commit to too much, unless maybe it's in week 3.

1 comment:

dingdingwikki said...

Wow, I just had a double Emergen-C, and while I'm still kind of tired, I feel substantially better. Maybe part of this is that I'm dehydrated and just need to drink more.