Thursday, May 29, 2008

Anniversary Weekend, Part 2


In case you're wondering what constitutes an 8-course tasting menu, here it is, provided by the restaurant. The portions were pretty small and elegantly presented, although we may have gorged ourselves on cheese. The "Sally Jackson" at the bottom of the page is a note scribbled by our waiter about a cheese we particularly liked and hadn't seen before. As a formerly fussy eater, I was proud of myself for going along with the tasting without knowing anything about what it would be in advance (although we requested no fois gras for ethical reasons). I ate everything that was put in front of me and enjoyed it. Rich and I split the wine pairing, to give our livers a bit of a rest. Overall, one of the best meals I've ever had.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love that you got to eat something called "spoom" (which sounds delicious according to wikipedia's definition) and most likely used a spoon! Also, well done on the liver saving.

Cheers. And happy anniversary!