Thursday, March 29, 2012

Wo, oh, what I want to know, where does the time go?

Somehow today I got up, ate, went to a doctor appointment, came home, ate, napped, ate again, and by then most of the day had passed.  I really was hoping to at least get outside for a little bit of a walk, but it just didn't happen.  I guess I'm still feeling somewhat weary, and it's okay if I have days where nothing much gets done.  But still, it's kind of disappointing.

At least I managed to shower and get dressed and leave the house at all, although part of me fears it was just the appointment with my oncologist that was the forcing function.  Last night when I decided to go to bed and was about to change into my pajamas, I had the sudden realization that I was still in them, and had been all day.  I know, shouldn't it have been obvious?

Perhaps the bonus of doing not much (and being a bit more careful about what I'm eating -- mmmm....  motzah ball soup...) is that I'm feeling somewhat better than I was yesterday.  Still not great, but I feel like I can deal with this okay.  I also had less trouble getting to sleep last night.  I'm still trying to figure out the correlations (if there really are any), but hopefully the sleep will continue to improve as the days away from Prednisone increase.  (Before starting over again, of course.)

My appointment with the oncologist was relatively unremarkable, which is good.  My blood work continues to look fine.  My blood pressure is a little on the low side -- the reason might be that I'm not drinking enough fluids.  Which is somewhat odd, since normally I drink more than the average person.  I just need to pay some more attention to doing it deliberately.  Having a fresh batch of chicken soup will hopefully help.

My weight has also taken a tiny step down.  This morning it was sadly just a tad below 130# again.  Not a huge deal -- still a big improvement from having dipped below 125#.  Maybe I just need to concentrate on having more servings from the chocolate food group.  :)  My friend Alice is doing her best to help out with that -- she gave me a box of Godiva truffles.  Yum.  They're awesome.  I may just have to take a break from blogging to have one...

No comments: