Saturday, March 03, 2012

I'm home

No energy for a huge post, need to get to bed, but I did want to share the news that I'm now home, and happy to be here.

In retropsect, getting discharged after 5 pm on a Saturday may not have been the best idea.  Especially when they send me off with a laundry list of medications (some of which I needed tonite), but no actual supplies, in an area that isn't exactly the 24x7 bustle of activity that a place like NYC might be.  As Lorien put it, "Just what every cancer patient needs - a quest."

A few phone calls to closed (or closing) pharmacies, followed by 3 trips to 2 pharmacies and a few more phone calls to try to deal with an error in one of the prescriptions, and I finally got (almost) all of what I was looking for.  At least everything that I need right now.

Time for bed.  I'm really looking forward to *not* being woken up between 5 and 6 AM to have someone take my vital signs, weigh me, and take blood out of me.  (Unless Dylan has a acquired a new hobby in my absence.)

- Rich

4 comments:

Laura Zinn Fromm said...

Hopefully, Dylan hasn't become a vampire in your absence! Glad you're home.

Judy said...

George and I are happy you're home. We hope all goes smoothly.

Judy said...

Unlike the great pharmaceutical quest of March 3, 2012.

Anonymous said...

Yay home!!!

I've got some culinary ideas brewing for the Fromm's.

Love,
Erin