Friday, May 24, 2013

Looking good

I got the scan results yesterday.  Things are looking good.  Really, there's nothing bad that the scan had to say.

I talked a number of things over with Dr. Smith.  He still thinks that the GI issues are minor enough that the best course of action for now is to do nothing and see if they resolve.  With respect to the ENT issues, he gave me a referral to a doctor in the city, and I have an appointment next week.

I have a much more positive outlook than I did at the time of the last scan, 6 months ago.  Even though the news was good then from the perspective of the cancer, I was in fairly bad shape at the time.  I feel so much better now.

We're confident enough now, based on the scan results, that we've decided to take our first real vacation in 4 years.  We're going to Costa Rica for 2 weeks this summer, we just bought tickets yesterday.  I'm open to any suggestions and recommendations from anyone that has been there, if you have something you want to share.

No comments: