Monday, January 24, 2011

One month formula free!!

Breastfeeding is supposed to be "natural", but it certainly wasn't so easy for me.  Dylan lost 14 oz after he was born, so we were supplementing his diet with formula for the first two months, while I struggled to get my supply up.  Taking fenugreek supplements seemed to do the trick for me, and between that, lots of support from Rich and perseverance, Dylan hasn't had a drop of formula since Dec 23.

Here's your dose of Dylan, who has learned to grab at toys (and everything else) within the last week.

2 comments:

Dorothy said...

Grandmom Dorothy gave Dylan his last drop of formula, since Grandmom Dorothy and Grandpop Eli babysat on Dec. 23, and Grandpop
made some formula.

Glad you don't need formula anymore.

Lorien said...

Yes, that's true, Dorothy. Now we've started stockpiling in the freezer so that I can go away for a bit while ensuring that Dylan has plenty to eat.