Saturday, March 28, 2009

Fonos in Frisco

Actually, they were, but now they're wandering the desert states. And no one really calls it "Frisco" but otherwise it doesn't work as an alliteration.

Nevertheless, my parents were here and now they're continuing their vacation in the great desert national parks. While they were here, we hung out in Berkeley, and explored the paths in the hills, went to Sonoma wine country, went tidepooling in Marin, hiking in Point Reyes and driving to the top of Mt. Diablo near Walnut Creek. The weather was, ahem, changeable, but that's the tradeoff for early spring when things are green, the wildflowers are going crazy in Sonoma, and there are elephant seal pups on the beach at Point Reyes.

I generally consider it futile to take pictures when my father's around, so I don't have any to post yet. When they get back to Toronto, my father promised to send some pics for me to post, so stay tuned...

No comments: