Sunday, June 04, 2006

Passing through Tokyo

It's been a few days now, but we haven't had much of a chance to mess with the Internet lately.

We flew through Narita airport in Japan. It was the grand opening of the terminal we were in, so it was all decorated, fresh flowers everywhere, and they were giving out free whisky. Definitely one of the more pleasant airport layovers that I've ever had, and we took time for some good sushi.

It amazes me how the Japanese can make even the mundane things seem cutesy. Check out this poster about health dangers in the aiport.

On the way back we've got a much larger time available, so our plan is to head in to Tokyo for the day. If anyone has any good ideas about what to do with one day (middle of the day only, have to be back at the airport by night), please let us know.

I'll write more about Thailand next, but first I want to see how uploading this picture goes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I passed through Tokyo for a day once... and went skiing (actually, snowboarding) indoors. Unfortunately, they've since closed down the indoor ski place. If you had a bit more time, I would recommend checking out my favorite shop, Tokyu Hands, but it doesn't sound like you'll actually have time to do a whole lot. Tokyo itself is I think an hour or so away from the airport, so you'll blow 2 hours just in travel to the city, and then another hour or two travelling around the city.